Your house is likely one of the biggest investments you’ll make in your life, so you want to ensure that you’re keeping it maintained so that it stays in the best possible condition for as long as possible. Having professionals come out to pressure wash your house is an excellent way to keep the exterior of your home fresh and clean to enhance its curb appeal and prevent potential damages from dirt buildup. But how often should you pressure wash your house?
It’s certainly important to regularly pressure wash your house in order to protect it and keep it beautiful, however, it’s not something that you have done on a weekly basis. You could end up damaging your home rather than maintaining it if you pressure wash your house too frequently. Here’s what you need to know about how often you should pressure wash your house and the factors to consider in order to determine whether or not your home is due to be pressure washed.
Is Too Much Pressure Washing Bad?
Pressure washing is fantastic for restoring your home’s beauty and removing built up dirt, mold, soot, sap, and more. It can even clean away deeply embedded dirt that is bringing down the aesthetic appeal of your home and that can damage it. When you have professionals come out and pressure wash your house, it can be so satisfying to see your home go from dingey and looking like it could use new paint to looking much cleaner and newer, no paint necessary.
Satisfying and important though pressure washing is for your home, you can always have too much of a good thing. Pressure washing your home too much can end up damaging it. It can be tricky to determine how often you should pressure wash your house. In general, it’s recommended that you have pressure washing done annually, though this can vary, depending on a number of factors.
Factors That Affect How Often You Pressure Wash Your House
There are several different things than can impact the frequency of which you pressure wash your house. Typically, professional pressure washing companies, such as True Clean Power Wash & Seal, recommend you get pressure washing annually, after dirt and other contaminants have built up on the surface.
Some factors affect how often you should have your home pressure washed, however. They are as follows:
- Your local climate and conditions. Mold and mildew thrive in areas that are warm and humid, but the wind and rain and snow of colder climates can leave dirt all over your home too. Depending on where you live, you may need more frequent pressure washing. Generally, if you can see the problem, it’s time to call your local pressure washing professionals to come out and get the job done.
- Your location. Where your home is located affects the frequency at which you’ll need pressure washing, too. If you live near construction sites or dirt roads or areas that experience heavy traffic, your home will get dirtier quicker. Lots of trees can leave sap all over your roof, and cities and their pollution can also leave a lot of dirt on your home, making it need more frequent pressure washing.
- After bad weather. Strong storms can carry with them plenty of dirt and debris, which can make your home look dirtier. You know how you take your car to the carwash after it’s been out in the rain, thanks to the streaks it left on your car? That’s why you’ll need pressure washing after a storm.
- When you’re getting ready to paint your home. If your home is dirty, paint will crack and peel off of it, rather than sticking properly. In order for paint to last and not break down, you’ll want to pressure wash your house so that it has a clean surface to adhere to.
- When you’re getting ready to put your home on the market. Pressure washing instantly refreshes your home and makes it look so much cleaner and newer. As such, it’s important to pressure wash your house before putting it on the market, as a cleaner and prettier home will fetch a better offer than one that potential buyers assume you haven’t maintained properly.
Do You Need To Pressure Wash Your House?
True Clean Power Wash & Seal offers professional pressure washing services throughout the Charlotte area. If your home needs to be pressure washed, we’re here to help with expert services and high quality equipment and tools. Contact us today to schedule your pressure wash and let us help you restore your home to its former glory!